1. Understand College Expectations
2. Take College Entry Tests
3. Apply to Colleges
4. Take College Placement Tests
5. Avoid Senioritis
Understand College Expectations
Each college you apply to will likely have different requirements for acceptance. It is important to contact each college you are considering to find out specifically what is required. Generally, however, colleges look for:
- Eligibility--this is determined by grade point average and test scores (at least 1000 on SAT and minimum B average).
- At least one distinguishing characteristic--a gift or special talent. A special talent could be reflected in your extracurricular activities, for example.
- Appropriate courses in high school--Talk to school counselors to determine your needs. Be sure to take the minimum subject requirements that support college entry.
Take the First Step |
Plan in Middle School |
Plan in High School
Choose a College |
Get Accepted |
Obtain Financial Aid |
Survive Freshman Year |
Articles & Advice |
©2003 Regents of the University of California.
Terms and Conditions of Use.